If you are tossing up between buying or building your new home, you definitely need to know your options when it comes to considering a Build Consultation. There are so many decisions to make when it comes to designing a new home and unless you have had some experience in the design industry you will find yourself doing A LOT of Googling! Every last detail needs to be considered, from flooring to fixtures and everything in between. The whole process will consume every minute of your day for months without the correct knowledge base of home construction and everything involved. This stressful and time-consuming process can be avoided with a Build Consultation with a qualified Interior Design Company… That’s where we come in!
Our Pre-Build or Build Consultations will take a huge weight off your shoulders, with our qualified interior designers creating a detailed schedule of finishes to align with your own personal tastes and preferences. This helps clients actually enjoy the building process and feel excited about their new home, instead of being anxious or overwhelmed!
About the Build Consultation
This consultation takes place at our Tweed Heads showroom which includes an array of samples available to help you visualise how the design will all come together. Our samples can also be taken home on the day, allowing you to share this visual with friends and family!
All of our Build services begin with an initial client consultation. We ask our clients to allow 1.5 hours for full internal or external consultations, or 3 hours for full home consultations (which can be broken into 2 x 1.5 hour sessions if preferred).
What a Build Consultation Covers:
During the build consultation the following selection decisions will be discussed:
- Internal and external paint colours (including doors, skirting and architraves and feature walls etc)
- Selections for any other external material where not already predetermined on the plans e.g. stone cladding type and colour, brick colour etc
- Roof and guttering colour
- Window frame and sliding door colours
- Garage door colour and style
- Internal and external door design and colour
- Door hardware selections
- Robe door frame and panel colours
- Driveway colour
- Letterbox, clothesline and water tank colours
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinetry e.g. stone tops, cabinetry colours, door handles, placement of colours and materials etc
- Floor coverings
Following the meeting, the designers will ask the client to allow up to 5 business days to prepare the detailed Schedule of Finishes spreadsheet. Once your standard items have been identified or brands you like your clients to choose from we can tailor this spreadsheet to suit.
Important things we ask clients to bring to their appointment with us are:
- Any flooring options they like – tiles, timber etc from your preferred suppliers
- Ideas Book – look book of the clients style and potential furnishings plan. Any ideas they have collected about their new home to help relay their style ideas.
- Cabinetry selections and plans if you determine that they select these with your cabinetry company.
As well as working directly with homeowners, our Build Consultations are also available for builders and contractors looking to streamline the building process with their clients.
Here at Tailored Space Interiors, we’re passionate about helping our clients create their dream homes through our Build Consultation services!
For more information on our Pre-Build Consultations, feel free to get in touch with our design team for a no-obligation quote. You can also check out some of our recent residential design projects on the blog for some inspiration to get you started!