We are looking for creative, detail-oriented, results driven candidates with good interpersonal skills for an Interior Design/Showroom position located in our showroom in Tweed Heads South.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to visualising and sketching design plans as per client goals, attending in-home consultations as well as new build & renovation consultations, sourcing products and materials, determine costs and creating client mood boards with design specifications. You will also be required to assist with the daily running of our retail showroom and assisting & sourcing products for retail clients.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and be confident & experienced with clients one on one. We are looking for a team player with a focus on exceptional design and a desire to provide our clients a joy filled customer experience. If you are overwhelmed by juggling multiple tasks/jobs at one time, this is not the role for you.
INTERIOR DESIGN KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• In-home consultations
• New build & renovation consultations, either on site or out of our Tweed Heads showroom. You will be responsible for directing our clients with decisions on colour, finishes & fixtures & documentation of same.
• Conceptualise and draw design plans (as needed)
• Create mood boards to convey your design vision
• Source materials and products to include in mood boards. Follow through to invoicing, purchasing & execution
• Utilise computer applications in the design process
• Assist in showroom management, customer service and property styling (if needed)
INTERIOR DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
• Completed qualification in Interior Design
• Experience in client consultations
• Experience with mood/vision board research, compilation & presentations
• Ability to multi-task & adhere to agreed timelines
• Expected to take ownership of role
• Retail sales experience
• Relationship management skills
• Incredible eye for detail and design
• Highly creative, imaginative, artistic and organised
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in Microsoft suite including word, PowerPoint & excel
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, Sketchup or similar design software will be highly regarded but not essential for right applicant
• Experience with Xero & Photoshop will also be highly regarded
Your love for delivering excellent outcomes is the key to your success. Your skills will include but will not be limited to:
• Impeccable communication skills
• Demonstrate top notch professionalism
• You are a problem solver & have great attention to detail
• Positive attitude
• Ability to focus on multiple projects in various state of development
• Able to effectively communicate design ideas & direction to clients
• Experience communicating with vendors & trades
ABOUT TAILORED SPACE INTERIORS
Based in Tweed Heads South, we are a one stop shop for interior design consultations, as well as a homeware, furniture & artwork retail store. Our team is our greatest asset and we operate on an understanding that we are all equals. No role is more important than another and we all lend a hand wherever it is needed. We want to create a fulfilling work environment with people who love what they do.
• Generous employee discounts on furniture and homewares
• Opportunity to grow with the business
• Work vehicle available for consultations and business mobile provided
HOW TO APPLY
THIS IS IMPORTANT – If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your resume as well as a custom cover letter with a few details including:
• Outlining how your experience and approach to work makes you a good fit for this role
• Let us know what you would personally bring to this role (this is your opportunity to impress us – talk yourself up! We’re listening)
• Include your expected salary
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to work hard, create inspiring spaces and grow within our team. If you think you are right for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application letter, resume & design portfolio (if you have one). Hours & rate of pay will be determined on application. Immediate start available.
Thank you & good luck!